The Saturday Quote
Oh dear... I haven't posted anything since last Saturday.... but my conscience reminds me that it is for good reason. Here is this week's Saturday Quote. :)
"Lack of attention to one's personal finances is a mark of refinement" ~Lousia May Alcott
"A Christian is a perfectly free lord of all, subject to none. A Christian is a perfectly dutiful servent of all, subject to all" ~Martin Luther





18 comments:
Not sure I agree/get the first one.
I agree, that's got disaster written all over it :-)
Oh you goofs! Yall need to get around more... That is in the book "Little Women" and when in context, it's hilarious.
Whatever the context, not paying attention to your finances is never a good idea.
where do you get the quotes? Or do you just know them?
Someone intruiged (or whatever)
AMEN BROTHER!!!!
p.s. all you post anymore is quotes so keeping your friends from up north updated about your life has evidently gone out the window:-D
Amen Peter. I agree with Jc and John. Not keeping up with your money is a disaster waiting to happen!!!
Lil - I have a little book, and whenever I come across a good quote, I write it down. Have had it going for years.... but if you like quotes, I know a website - (http://www.quotationspage.com/) that has a bunch of quotes....
All the ignorant but soon to be enlightened gentlemen: Don't worry, if anyone can speak of the importance of finance management, tis I. Allow me to explain the context of this quote so that yall may be enlightened. The girl speaking lives in the time of the Civil War and is poor, thus SHE HAS NO FINANCES. Therefore, she is commenting that her "lack of attention" to these finances (which she doesn't have) is "a mark of refinement." Thus, IN CONTEXT (which yall would understand if you read more), this quote is a famous and amusing one.
Peter - Stop making degrading assumptions. I ALSO keep in contact with my dear friends (who would completely forgive and understand me for not posting) through snail mail.. a lost but beautiful concept in this corrupt world. I'm swamped with school, thus posting anything (except Saturday when I have about an hour of free time) is quite difficult.
BTW, please keep comments positive.
Oh, sorry, that is pretty funny.
eplying to your comment somewhere reguarding "is blogging worthwhile" in which you stated that it was worth while cause you kept intouch with your friends up north through it with blips about your life down here an i felt like commenting an thats all i could think of
I like the Martin Luther quote. Christianity is full of such "paradoxes"!
Yep, gotta love that Martin Luther guy! : ) BTW, I came across a great G.K. Chesterton quote the other day- "If there were no God, there would be no atheists." I love it! : )The LW quote you posted is great, too...
Thank you Hannah! I've been hearing rumors that yall are coming to visit the promised land in may? Is this true?
Promised land, I love it :-)
Yes, Brooke, it is true!: ) We'll arrive in the land flowing with brisket and BBQ sauce on May 23rd and stay through the 29th... We'll have to get together!
Yippee! That will be so fun! I'll get the horses ready for a trail ride!
~MW~
OH I'M SO GLAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes, we must plan out a visit!! Gooody!!!!
Post a Comment