TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Guild

GUILD IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN SLEEP IN PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about: guild is where a victim (such as I) must play ten MEMORIZED piano pieces before a criticing judge... talk about nerve-wrecking!!

But.............the judge was a nice old grandma this year.... and she gave me a superior-plus!!! (to enlighten the ignorant: a superior-plus is the highest one can receive) I think I'm going to adopt her as my 3rd grandma!!! She only made me play ONE scale (true, it was F# minor, but still, ONLY ONE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the piano people: I had 36 C's and 1 A!!!

HAPPY DAYS!!!

Brooke Anna

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, that feeling "guild is over" is priceless. Man, you just want to party or something. :) What are you playing for recital this year? This will be the first year I won't be playing! I can just sit back and enjoy the music! How delightful!

~MW~

Anonymous said...

Wow, Brooke, way to go! You are quite the accomplished young lady! ; ) : )

The Pookie said...

It is a truly blissful feeling! To tell you the truth, I haven't even thought about a recital piece.. probably Hungarian.

Thankee Hannah... you know where I got it from ;)

Anonymous said...

QUITE accomplished, the best piano player I know. My heart leaps for joy when she sits down to practice ;-)

Anonymous said...

But I played that one last year! You can't steal my piece! Actually, I really can't say anything, I stole that piece from Lydia (however, she never performed it in a recital). :):)

Oh my word... I have completely fallen in love with Rakhmaninov. He is SUCH a great composer! I heard one of his Preludes the other day and I'm SO going to learn it this summer. It is the most fantastic piece!! I love it! His piano concertos are incredible!!! Ahh... I could listen to him all day...

~MW~

Anonymous said...

I've heard of him before. Can't say I would recognize any of his pieces though

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you for posting sonething new!

The Pookie said...

Missy - well, I'd play something else if I had something else to play. But Toccata is the only other one I could do, and I played it last year. But don't worry, I can't play Hungarian as well as you can.....

OH YES!!!! I LOVE Rakhmaninov!!!

Anonymous said...

wow i can relate to what yall are talking about (alittle)missy i remember you played hungarian once an i REALLY liked it so i remember it kinda

The Pookie said...

Well.. thanks

Anonymous said...

Yea, Hungarian is one of those crowd pleasers. It sounds really difficult.

Brooke, what new pieces did you learn this year?

~MW~

Anonymous said...

Pookie you should play that Lover's Waltz or whatever it is. That one is really pretty and audience will love it!

~MW~

The Pookie said...

I've a ton of pieces that are half-finished. I didn't really finish anything but Hungarian... BUT, I mastered LOTS of scales and cadances :(

Anonymous said...

Then play scales and cadences for recital! :):)

Well... I suppose you could play Hungarian...

Just one piece? You should play two! People really enjoy hearing accomplished piano playing!

~MW~

Anonymous said...

Hey, When is the recital?? It would be awesome if it happens to be while Lydia and I were in TX...: ) : )

The Pookie said...

Recital is May 11.... I think... I'm pretty sure it is anyway :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats.