Recent and Random Pictures
John shot this gar on his fishing trip to Fayette county lake with Tommy last week.
This is why I was SO SORE last Sunday... I planted about 90 plants the day before.....
This is John and "Gertrude". She's a cutie we've tamed. No, this is not Cordelia.... We've gotten Gertrude to come in the house and eat out of our hands... she'll even climb all over us looking for nuts. Pretty cute.








11 comments:
Hey I LOVE to work in the garden!!!!!!!!! I am in the middle of cleaning our flower beds and I hope to plant my vegtable garden soon!!! That squerril (correct me please...) looks quit... That gar is pretty big.... Who is Superchicks??? I probably sound really dumb!!!
How do you post stuff on the group blog???
It's "squirrel" :) Superchick is a christian rock band. NOT my favorite.... but I just had inspiration for their next album cover.
Email a Watkins and ask for the HBF Blog sign in info.....
bb
I like the album cover, it totally rocks.
I'm mad...
Yea, the album color is awesome! You should send it to them!
~MW~
JC: Why are you mad? Maybe it's because you were up til 11:45 last night....
Missy: lol. That's an idea....
soooo...how do you tame a squirrel?
When a poor unsuspecting squirrel starts sniffing around on your back porch, alert all the family members and assign the duties of: 1) Finding some nuts (pecans work well), 2) Getting the Camera, 3) Naming it (some outlandish or historical name, of course), 4) Remark about how darn cute the thing is. The calmest among you must SLOWLY go outside, kneel down all the way, and slowly extend a hand full of nuts. Patience is also required as this will probably take 5-10 mins. The squirrel may or may not take the bait. If it starts to come, whatever you do, DO NOT MOVE!!!! If it is necessary you move (if your nose itches beyond comprehension) then do it SLOWLY!!! No jerky movements. This is the first step. Hopefully, if all went well... the squirrel will come back, either later on that day or the next. Repeat the steps. Slowly but surely, the idiotic thing will begin to be less cautious. Soon, it will not be afraid to just walk up and sniff you for nuts. Soon you may be able to have little siblings with you (just today, Gertrude climbed on Josiah and ate out of his hands). She peeks in the window all th time, and I've heard her stratching on the door. Christie has even managed to get her to come inside!
It's so fun!
Brooke
I'll have to try it.
~MW~
We had a bad night last night. The umps were SO bad. I don't like HCYA Baseball. Oh well. It was kinda funny tho when I think about it. I accidentally hit one of their players in the head when I was pitching, when he past me going back to his dugout (they put a pinch runner in for him) he was like "you throw at me again and I'll be right there with you." I just ignored him. It was funny tho. haha. I loved it. Then at the end one of their players was yelling and talking back at one of ours cause he didn't think our guy had taken the loss like a man, and so our coach pulled them both aside and their coach and had them solve the matter and the kid was like yapping at our coaching and he wouldn't say he was sorry and all that. I sware every time we play to guys my view of them and their charactor drops like 100% (we have played them 3 times). I feel sorry for them. Its sad that a program like HCYA (which was a great program in years past) is now a dirty, stinking, low-character organization. And another thing is that there are SOME good people over there and they get the same reputation as the other losers on the team. I really feel sorry for them. It was so hard to have a Christ-like attitude while playing them last night, for the most part we did succeed. But it was hard.
Post a Comment