TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Saturday, July 21, 2007

*SCREAM*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'VE OFFICIALLY BEEN ACCEPTED TO SUMMIT!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

COLORADO HERE WE COME! In full Texas style too! I just bought a hat! And Mom dug out her awesome belt. I might have to work on a authentic-looking shirt....

Happy, Happy, Happy Days!

Brooke

49 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm soo excited! Glad you got a belt too!!

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

Yahooo!!!!!!!

Hannah Maria said...

AHHHHHHHHHH- that's wonderful! : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )We're gonna have a blast!

Hey, do any of you summit people have an intrest in playing tennis? I was thinking about packing a couple of rackets for "sports days" at the park 'cause I LOVE tennis, but I'll need someone who wants to play with me!

Glad you got you western wear stuff figured out, Brooke!I'm not so sure I can pull something off- I found out that mom gave away my old cowgirl boots. : ( Do cowgirls wear flip-flops?

Anonymous said...

Tennis... I always wanted to never have. I know a few of the staff people up there like to play.

Anonymous said...

I'm not real good, but I'd like to play. Only played two or three times but I can get the ball over the net :) I know what you mean about the boots. I live in Texas and I've never owned a pair in my life. I think I'm gonna buy some before we go though.

Hannah Maria said...

Great!: ) Just wanted to make sure that if I took the trouble to bring tennis stuff it wouldn't end up sitting in my suitcase 'cause everyone else wanted to play ultimate frisbee or something... It's good to know that some of the summit staff members like to play tennis as well- I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to pack more than two rackets, but now I'm sure that we'll be able to borrow more if we need to...: )

Anonymous said...

I will see if my racket will fit somehow into my suitcase. There is NO WAY I'm playing ultimate with those people. I've heard horror stories of how insanely good they are. :)

~MJ~

The Pookie said...

Oh yes! Tennis sounds SO much better than ultimate! We played in SA.. it was so fun!

Hannah: Are you planning on climbing Pikes Peak?

Anonymous said...

All I can say is poor Worldview. Poor, poor Worldview Academy. Except it isn't. It's great.
...
Either I'm insanely loyal, or insanely jealous. You choose. :-)

Anonymous said...

Lizzie, lol, I'm sure there will be another chance :)

Hannah, I'm sure if you bring the rackets you will be able to find somebody to play.

Missy, they are REALLY good. I might play, but if I do, I'll play defense the whole time. I'm much better at smacking the thing into the dirt than throwing or catching it. I personally prefer to play either volleyball, soccer, or basketball. All of which are available options.

Jack and I have decided that the guys are going to wear their ball outfits on graduation night (slacks, vest, and string tie), now the ladies must find something that's halfway formal and very... well... Texan. I wonder if we could find an opportunity to dance that evening. That would be fun. If get Alexis of Hannah N. we would have enough to do "posties jig".

Anonymous said...

Posties jig is SOO hard esp with a ton of little kids. Ha ha ha we just had a dance 2 weeks ago and have another planned maybe in Sept. ;D darby

Anonymous said...

Lucky, we don't dance until... October I think. Posties jig is hard with little ones, but if you can get some older people who know what their doing, it is a TON of fun :)

Hannah Maria said...

Lizzie: You already know how much I wish you (and Sue) could come as well!: (

Brooke: Yes; or die trying! : )You?

Missy: I'm with you- I dislike public humiliation....ahem.

John/JC: for the Pike's Peak hike, did y'all hike all the way up and down or hike up and ride down?? And the trail y'all hiked was the 13 mile one, right?

The Pookie said...

Lizzie - As absolutely wonderful as WVA is... I have a feeling that Summit will be better. I still love WVA..but I think Summit is a little more...intense :):):) Yall should come!!!!!!! It's not too late to sign up (I think..I could be wrong: summit.org )

Hannah: I share your hopes. Although... I had hoped to live longer :):):) Oh, and you only have to climb UP, there is a van ride down :):):) 13 LONG miles.... we're insane. Don't you love it?

OH MISSY - What are we going to wear on graduation night?!?!? Those boys can't dress up without us!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm... Hoopskirts??

BROOKE ANNA

Anonymous said...

Hannah, 13 miles sounds about right. 13 uphill miles. But the reward at the top is unfathomable. You can see FOREVER!!!! I really believe I could see into the next state. The terrible part was I didn't have my own camera, and was therefore not able to get a really good picture. Thus I must do it again. Be sure to dress in layers, because you start out in Manitou Springs very cold. Then you start hiking and the sun comes out and you get very hot. Then you get to the top of the mountain and it's very cold again! But the view!!! I remember when I first hit the treeline and looked out. Breathtaking. Gave me a boost of energy that lasted till the top. The hard part is when you're almost finished, you're at the base of the final peak, you can see the top not a half mile away, and then there's a sign that says three miles to go. The trail switchbacks so many times that it's 3 miles to the top. I think I'm going to see if I can find a way to just go straight up instead. We'll see.

Render MoonArrow said...

This reminds me of a song:Sunday Monday HAPPY DAYS. Tuesday Wednesday HAPPY DAYS. Thursday Friday. HAPPY DAYS. Saturday HAPPY DAYS EVERY DAY.


~Render~

Anonymous said...

Grad night: Yes good idea John.

Pike's Peak: I think they said we actually hike like 14 miles. Cause we start from the hotel. I could see into the next 2 states. I think I saw the statue of liberty ;)

Ultimate: Its so much fun up there!!!! I wish I had played more. I'm alot better now though. Even though I'm still not very good. I best at catching. Not good at throwing. Volleyball was alot of fun there too. I personally think we should start a softball game!

Dance: I can't wait till october!!!

Anonymous said...

Graduation Night: Hmmm... I already had something picked out, but it will never do for dancing. I'll see if I can find something else.

Pikes Peak: I CAN'T WAIT!!!! AHH!!!!

~MJ~

The Pookie said...

Graduation: We HAVE to dress up in something! We can't let the boys have all the fun... What is appropriate for graduation, looks texan, and is "dancible"?

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Hannah Maria said...

Re: the Hike: O.K.... The way I've got it figured, we gain approx. 577 ft. of elevation per mile we hike- that's steep, but not terribly bad! I haven't hiked anything as long as 14 mi., but I've hiked steeper trails- I think I'll make it alive!!!

John, I know what you mean about the view- I've actually been at the summit of Pike's Peak before (drove up) and it is spectacular! In fact, that whole area of CO screams "isn't God an awesome creator?!". I love Garden of the gods, too, though it should be called "Garden of THE GOD !" : )

J.C., I must have somehow missed the Statue of Liberty- you'll have to point it out to me! : )

Re: Texas dressing up for graduation, etc.: I don't have anything in my wardrobe that meets those specifications. I'm just going to wear a normal old dress...: )

OOOH! Something else we need to do: when we go visit Focus on the Family's headquarters, we need to all record an episode of "Adventures in Odessy" in the little studio they have there! It's sooo fun (and funny!)...

Anonymous said...

Its really hard to see you almost have to imagine that its there! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Brooke, I think a hoopskirt with cowgirl boots and a ten-gallon hat would be absolutely smashing. You'd really get a reputation. :)

Anonymous said...

Hannah: We got to garden of the gods, and then to flying w ranch on the first day. Lots of fun. The view is ten times better after you've hiked for six hours. A whole lot more enjoyable anyways.

JC: I could count the little spikes on the Statue of Liberty's little hat thing.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about dancing, being as your not suppose to bring or listen to any music. We would have to go out to our car, use it for the music (Assuming they let us listen to it in the first place), and wherever we parked would have to be lit.

Anonymous said...

Yea thats right! I actually read what the book in her arm said.

Anonymous said...

I was waving at the people looking out the windows at the top. One guy's name was George, he told me via sign language :)

Anonymous said...

Brooke you should see this beaded, western hatband I'm making! It is SOO awesome! If I finish it before Sunday I'll bring it to church. I just LOVE it!

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

Man, we are going authentic!!

The Pookie said...

AH! I can't wait to see it! What a good idea..... :)

23 DAYS!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh you met George too? Well Thats pretty neat! Did he tell you about the Cat he rescued? It was stuck on top of one of the points on Lady Liberty's Crown. :):)

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!!! Oh yeah, I watched him rescue it. Pretty heroic.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet, you actually got to see it! Thats awesome! I only heard it from george. Actually I didn't hear it. I read it. We were talking in sign Language if you remember.

Anonymous said...

I totally should have been there! Maybe I can meet Goerge this time around!

Anonymous said...

Its George. not goerge or wuteva. He's awesome but there's no chance you'll meet him. He said after he finishes seeing All of New York he was gunna move to a tiny island in the pacific and write about the qualifications of legally blind dolphins for driving motorcycles. And after he finishes his 2000 page book on that subject we was going to make a detailed sketch of a Markle Shark, and since no one has ever seen one he said he was gunna wait until one showed up on the island. And after that he said he was going to retire to Yokahamijawa Japan and never be seen again. Sorry to disappoint you. But its the truth.

Hannah Maria said...

HA- I'll believe it when I see it!

Anonymous said...

The Cat got stuck again after George left. I think its still there pour thing. Nobody is brave enough or crazy enough rather to to rescue it. It feeds off of the sea gulls that pick on him. Maybe you can see the cat. Its orange with black and yellow and brown and white and green splotches on it. It has a tail so tall its almost as tall as this tale I'm telling :) You can't miss it :)

Anonymous said...

Aw... I so wanted to meet George. Did he tell you all that via sign language? Wow!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's...really something!

Anonymous said...

Yea we have to speak in sign language otherwise we wouldn't hear each other. Of course he could use a signal light to talk to me. But I didn't have one and neither did he so we used sign language.

The Pookie said...

Hmm... you must have known sign language a lot better then than you knew it last week when we were trying to spell out our names.... :)

Brooke Anna

Anonymous said...

ha... yea... I kinda got outta practice... hehe... ;)

Anonymous said...

Do you suppose it would be possible to have a new post??? Thank you!!!!

The Pookie said...

What's this? A request for a new post! And during the week too! People these days.....

I'll think about it.

Anonymous said...

Ah come on? What you start school and you have no time now? I work 8-5 during the week but still find time to post a post every once in a while. Surely you can find time to post something new. But, then again maybe not... oh well......

Rob W. Oakley said...

Yea!!!

I work (for now that is)

6 am. to 4 pm.

and I always find a little bit of time to post at least one thing per week...

What's your problem?

LOL

Don't hurt me!!! *flinch*

;)

~Rob

Anonymous said...

haha. 6am? ouch!

The Pookie said...

Well... the free time that I do have is usually spent in...er.... more productive ways. :):):) I found the Scottish Chiefs at the library, (had to look under the author to find it, for some reason). Not to mention I'm trying to read "Battle for Truth" before summit, and I'm barely into it... Mom has taken the major curriculum of TOG history (year 2, the hardest year) and has combined it with a ton of Vision Forum stuff (which is great, but a nightmare for those who cherish free time)to create a HUGE-MANY-1"BOOKS history assignment to go along with the rest of my crazy school schedule, which is even crazier since I'll be taking off for Summit....and little things like playing with your siblings, the little job down the road, chores (including John's), being in charge of dinner the whole time the guys are in Alaska, tending to a bunch of stuff at home as mom is at the hospital with Grammy a lot, etc. Yeppers, I'm a busy gal.

Rob W. Oakley said...

Well, it just looks like you have no time to breath...

I guess we all have more important things to do...

hmmm...

I know...

In the time you have to comment you could post a BIG WEEK SCHEDULE so that way we know when to bug you and when not to...

JK

LOL

*flinch*

;)

~Rob

Anonymous said...

Ok your off the hook :)