In every generation there are a few...
I've finally seen Braveheart. It was beyond what mere vocabulary can describe. I only recommend it to those who are very emotionally stable.
I LOVE IT!!!!!! THAT MAY BE THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!


Written by
The Pookie
at
12:50 PM
21 comments:
YEA-YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stephen: [speaking heavenward] Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm prettier than this man. All right Father, I'll ask him.
Stephen: [to William] If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
Hamish: Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?
Stephen: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.
Stephen: [heavenward] Yes, Father.
Stephen: [to William and the others] The Almighty says don't change the subject; just answer the --Bleep-- question.
Hamish: Mind your tongue.
Campbell: Insane Irish!
Stephen: [draws a dagger and holds it to Campbell's throat] Smart enough to get a dagger past your guards, old man.
William Wallace: [holding a spear at Stephen's chest] That's my friend, Irishman. And the answer to your question is yes - if you fight for me, you get to kill the English.
Stephen: Excellent!
YEA-YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wan't to see it!!!
I've heard it's really really really really gory, though. What did y'all think? Is that what you meant by being "emotionally stable" to view it?
Yeah I heard it was gory to.
Yes, it's gory. It's the king of gory. It's as gory as gory gets.
And it's sad. Oh, is it sad!!!
Be sure to watch it with someone who has already seen it... cause there's a couple of parts that need skipping.
Emotionally Stable: okay, I'm going to let you in... They torture him (to death) in the end. They show it too. It's SUPER hard to watch. I left the room for 5 mins.
Yes, you will cry.
BUT OH IT IS SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Brooke Anna
What an awful thing to show...Does the movie include the fact that he asked that a Bible be opened to the book of Psalms for him to gaze on while he was being tortured? My guess is no...
Sue: No they don't show that.
They don't the actual gore in the torture scene. So its not that bad.
It really is a great movie.
~MJ~
Okay, they don't actually SHOW the ripping out of his guts, but you know what is going on and his facial expressions tell all!
Not to mention the beautiful music is going in the background, making things twice as emotional as they really are....
Ok, a tiny bit better. So does the movie leave you with a depressed feeling? Did you look for the worldview? What was it?
I've now officially commented waaaay too much on this post. I leave further commentary to the masses...until I think of something else to say. ;)
Oh my word!!! You do not leave the movie feeling depressed! You leave it feeling like you could take over the world!!!!!!!!! I don't get emotionally worked up in movies very often, but this one, oh my goodness, my heart rate goes up just thinking about it. I don't know if there was really a specific worldview involved, if there was it was hard to tell. There were several key messages though. Such as "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." Betrayal was big part too, and it gave the view from both the betrayed and the betrayor (sp?). And the end really emphasizes the importance of freedom. REALLY EMPHASIZES IT! It's easily one of the best movies I've ever seen.
And about the gore, it's pretty bad, not as bad as we were soldiers, but pretty bad. If I remember correctly though, it's all battlefield gore except for the torture scene at the end. They don't show anything but his facial expressions, but those are pretty descriptive. Like Brooke said, watch with someone who's seen it before and then you can just skip or step out of the room for that part. Be sure you see the end though when the guys asks if he has anything to say. It's so good.
There was that seen where that loser magistrate slits Mouron's throat... From what I can tell that movie had no negative worldviews if anything, and somewhat of a Christian one. Its amazing!
Oh my word, the worst part is when the english cavalry charges and all those horses get speared! I can't watch that part!
~MJ~
Oh yeah JC, I forgot about that one. There's also intermittent language too.
Missy: As terrible as it was, you have to admit, it was necessary for their victory and survival. I personally thought it was genius.
That movie is so good!!
Sue- I'd suggest reading the review of Braveheart on pluggedinonline.com before deciding whether or not to see it...HTH! : )
That movie is so good!!
John that quote is SOO awesome! That is one of the funniest parts in it.
Thanks! I laughed so hard! :)
I haven't seen it yet...(Braveheart)
FREEEDOOOOOMM!!!
Sorry.... I just had to do that...
Post a Comment