TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Saturday, July 07, 2007

I bring thee great tidings, for all people

SWEET RED-LETTER DAY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!

I don't know what news to tell first!!!!

Okay, I'll start with the best:


I'M GOING TO SUMMIT!!!!!

Hopefully, anyway. It depends on if they'll accept me, being 15 and all. But by golly, there's a chance, and I AM THRILLED!!!!

So, Hannah Ricks, Missy, and Hannah Neumann, know that I have requested thee as roommates. :)

Other news.... :):):):) ....... Dearest fellow Tolkien fans..... click here


So long! Happy 4th of July! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Happy Birthday!

Brooke Anna

70 comments:

Hannah Maria said...

Wow, that's great!!! Are you really sure that you want to room with me? You're BRAVE... : ) : )

I hope they make The Hobbit less gory than LOTR!

Anonymous said...

Somebody is very happy :)

Anonymous said...

VERY happy.

Kakiedoo

Anonymous said...

Wow that awesome. There were like 3 or 4 15 year olds there last year. Man the car is going to be crowded.

Anonymous said...

Alright! I'm so happy for you Brooke!

Yea, that was my thought too JC. Everybody is only allowed to bring ONE bag. Hear that?

OH YES!! I knew they were planning to make the Hobbit, I just didn't know when!!

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

Ahh a new post. When is Summit? Are you stll going to Worldview? Me and Robby where talking today at a service project and came to the conclusion that our church youth should start acting for the congragation! We could do one in the early fall, do one for Thanksgiving, and then do one for Christmas! Or if all that is to much we could just do one play. We thought that we should do something classic, not some rinky dinky play that no one knows about and is just dumb. I have been in plenty of those! Well anyway I guess I will see yall tommarow!

Ben

The Pookie said...

Missy: one bag? hmm.... how bout a bag, a backpack, and a pillow? You might have to talk to Hannah R, she's planning on bringing her body pillow.... :)

Ben: Summit is the last two weeks of August. Don't know about Worldview yet, it depends on whether or not I get accepted to Summit, and if I could get a refund back from WV....

A play would be SO FUN!! We tried before.... timing wasn't right, and it didn't go anywhere.... But, when at first you don't succeed....

Brooke Anna

Anonymous said...

I told Hannah a long time ago that if she brings her body pillow she's sitting on it. She said she would. :)
I guess one backpack with the one bag would be ok.

Yea, I think a play would be fun. We need to do something funny!

~MJ~

Rob W. Oakley said...

I found the best play!

well to each his own...

That was very subjective...

Anyway, I'll bring it to church some time!

It's funny! It's energetic, and if I tweak it around a little, it could have a good glance at the differnce between a mythological world view and a true biblical world view!

I hope everyone else will approve!

the only problem is that it isn't a classic...yet!

This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!

~Rob

Hannah Maria said...

Yeah, Missy, remember that ya'll have to bring at least one guitar too- I can only bring one on the plane with me...: )

Hannah Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I was gunna take 2 bags plus my guitar in case. I geuss I can stuff all my stuff into one bag. We'll see. I call the very back seat! Gotta have room to play my guitar on the way up! Thats what I like about our van. Plenty of room to take a whole bench seat to yourself and a guitar. Ah well. We will work with the confines of a suburban. I am thankful that we have a car to take in the first place! lata,

JC

Anonymous said...

Robby can you post some of the highlights of the play on your blog? Or the HBF blog? Whats it about? Is it funny?

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

OK People, here is the plan. Everybody is going to do the best they can to limit themselves to one bag (I think I might bring my decoy bag for AK that I could fit most of my siblings in:), a pillow, some hanging clothes, and one of the following: backpack, guitar case, extra pillow, extra large purse, or any other miscillaneous parcel. JC, as much as I am dying to hear you play the guitar for two days straight, there will not be any extra seats, much less the whole back bench. Plus, I've got Brooke's iPod hooked up to the car speakers so we can listen to that the whole trip. I think it's got around 900 songs on it. Hopefully everyone's luggage will be able to squeeze in the suburban. I can put the turtle on if I have to, but it will hurt our gas mileage.

Kakiedoo said...

Yes, whats the play about?

You people going to summit are gonna be sooo cramped.

Kakiedoo

Rob W. Oakley said...

I have a better idea!

Maybe I could do a complete audio of the play with mimicked voices and you can listen to the highlights!

COMING SOON!!!

"Waiting for Pandora"

The Audio play

by yours truly!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Rob. Can't wait to hear it!

Summit: Sounds great, but we HAVE to bring the guitar!

And whats the plan for food on the way up and back? We can probably all bring lunch for the way up.

Looking forward to it! I've heard so many great things about it!

~MJ~

Hannah Maria said...

About what time will ya'll plan to arrive on the 19th? My flight gets in at 1:00...BTW, have you any idea how much they're charging for plane tickets nowadays? It's outrageous! I'm so jealous of all the money y'all wil save...; )

Anonymous said...

Yea, my dad was looking for a ticket to Florida last week, the prices are aweful!! I went to CA and back for $250 two years ago!

~MJ~

The Pookie said...

Do yall have any idea how much room that guitar will take up?! Is it totally necessary? (why do I ask? ;))

Render MoonArrow said...

(Girlish scream)aggggggggggggggghhhhh

they're making the Hobbit!!!


I have waited forever and still waiting forever 2009 nooooooooo!!!!

Anonymous said...

So everybody is just deserting poor old WVA camp (which is, btw, neither "poor" nor "old")???

;)

Anonymous said...

YES! The guitar is necessary! JC would die without it! Trust me! He came back from Summit last year and was on the guitar CONSTANTLY for week! I'm NOT kidding either. It must go. We'll find room.

This is going to be so fun! Friday at the conference we get to run around and try to contain our excitement! AH!! And Jaron comes home that week!!! AHH!!

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

weeks, i mean. not week.

Render MoonArrow said...

who wants to see the answer to my Riddle?

Rob W. Oakley said...

Shame on you Ryan!

We should just keep giving rhetorical
statements and metaphorical monologues like I've been doing in the past!

They'll get it...

Eventually!

;)

If I were to ask the Lier (theoretically speaking given that we really have no idea which is which)

something in relation to the other guard (Who, in this case, is the truthful one, theoretically)

What ever the lier would have to say would be a lie...

In relation, if I were to ask the truthful one something in regards to the lier, it would also be a lie!

Because the Truthful one must always tell the truth, he must say a lie because that is the truth...

Does this make sense?

Now use this reasoning to devise the master question that will reveal all!

Please forgive me...

I've made a critical error in my hints in the past...

A double negative does indeed make a positive; however, we are not dealing with a double negative are we?

a positive and a negative makes a negative...

Well, in multiplication that is but that is beside the point...

Forget the whole double negative double positive hodge podge

And focus on the facts laid here before you and use them to your advantage!

Does this make any sense at all?

PEACE OUT!!!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

You lost me when you said the Truthful one has to lie to tell the truth...

Summit: The Guitar is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY NECCESARY!!!!!!!!!! Like missy said I would DIE without it!!!!! We will have plenty of room for it. I will have it in the Back seat so I can have access to it so as to serenade yall with music ;)

JC

Anonymous said...

JC: Please bring the guitar, that can just be your extra item (in addition to your bag and pillow). But I don't see much serenading (sp?) going on, being as every seat in the back will be full. sorry :)

Sue: I'm afraid you are correct. As great as I've heard Worldview is, Summit is like WVA on Steroids. You should come too, convert and join the Summit ranks :)

Hannah: I forsee us leaving Amarrillo about 9:30 on Sunday morning which would put us in Manitou Springs at about 3:30, assuming we don't stop (Unlikely, better add an hour on there for lunch and other various delays).

The Pookie said...

Missy: I know! We're going to go bonkers at the conference!!!

JC: okay, okay... but I'm with John, I don't see how there would be enough room for sereanding.. seeing that we won't have any extra seats....

John/Hannah: I forsee us leaving earlier than 9:30 (though John usually is better at predictions), and arriving about 4:00.

I CAN'T STAND NOT KNOWING IF I'M GOING TO BE ACCEPTED!!! THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

Rob W. Oakley said...

Well, what I told you isn't the whole story...

I did this on purpose, of course; however, it is up to you to figure it out!

In a way, the truthful one will tell a lie!

Think about it...

Figure out how to make the truth come out as a lie...

The lier always lies!

So if I were to ask the truthful one, "If I were to ask the other guard (are you a lier) what would he say?"

It would be a LIE

Because the Truthful one must alwasy tell the truth!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

Brooke: how long before you know if you're coming?

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

Are we all agreed that we should all wear western clothes the Sunday we arrive and talk in Texan accents? :):) That would be so fun!

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

I'm cool with that if everybody else does it. I don't really have any western clothes though. And I'm not entirely sure I could pull off a convincing accent. We'll see.

And about the food. I'm planning on bringing an ice chest which should hold lunch for Saturday and some snacks. With any luck, La Quinta will have a continental breakfast. Which means that, for there and back, we will need to bring enough money for 3 lunches, and 3 dinners. If they don't have a continental breakfast, then we will be buying two breakfasts. So I would bring enough money for about nine meals and that should be plenty.

Each person will also need to bring 50 or 60 bucks for gas.

I just calculated it, and we're going to be driving a total of.... about 2000 miles. Wow. That's a lot.

Kakiedoo said...

All I know so far in the riddle thing is you can't ask a yes or no question. But thats about all I have figured out.


Kakiedoo

Anonymous said...

2000 miles... whoa... thats alot of time in the car! I'm going to hate cars after this...

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

We are going to have to think of some very interesting conversation topics.

The Pookie said...

Missy: I don't know. I sent in my application on Saturday.... AHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Oh yes! We must go in full Texas swing. John, you can borrow from Joel or Jason, I'm sure they have a lot.

BTW, I need help: Where does one find a decent looking cowboy/girl hat? I've been to Wal-mart, and T Supply and can't find anything!

John: don't worry about your accent, we'll watch a bunch of John Wayne's or something and then practice at the conference.

Two days in the car.... yep, everybody start thinking of interesting conversation starters NOW!

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, I can see us now- walking (or swaggering) around the conference stopping to say howdy to folks and talking with an insanely southern twang!! heehee!! That is going to be SOO fun!!! I can't wait! or, I cain't wait.

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

John/Brooke/Missy: I'll just sit in the front seat and serenade. there should be room up there. Wait! There will be 2 empty seats right? 6 people 8 seats right? All I need is 2 seats two have room for serenading but I'm sure it will be tight anyway. Man I wish we had a 12 passenger Suburban. Oh well. I WILL find room to serenade tho so beware! As far as packing, I'm a guy so I can get all I need into one medium sized bag plus a pillow so I'm not taking much.

Dude ya'll should totally chek out me in my western duds and accent. I'm amazing. I'm sure I don't compare to Joel and Jason tho... I need a good cowboy hat that fits!

Brooke: Chek at academy for a Cowgirl hat... I seem to remember seeing some there.

John: ask Joel and jason for a belt and one of their old belt buckles. Mine is amazing... it awesome!!!! Its got Jack on the back of the belt and the Buckle has the Aggie logo on it!

2000 miles is a long ways... hmm... I suppose we shall have to find something to do.

Well, Im tired. I worked nearly 12 hours today and we are heading out 1hour early in the morning... Seeya,

JC

Anonymous said...

7 poeple. Sorry Brooke... I must have miscalculated... whoops.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I need to find a cowgirl hat. I also think I'll wear my hair in braids. :):)

Sounds like this'll be a fine trip!

MJ

Hannah Maria said...

Yah... I'll come wearing my mesh-back John Deere cap with the bill turned up, my faded plaid shirt and my overalls- oh and I'll have a stalk of wheat hanging out of my mouth. Yah, sure, you betcha.

Just kidding- I don't own any of the above articles of dress. : ) I'd rather try to fit in with y'all! I've even got spurs... think they'll make it through the metal detectors at the airport?: )

Anonymous said...

Hannah, haha, just check em in your bag. That would be funny. We all get there in our garb and meet up with a fellow texan, or at least a texan at heart.

JC, I'm going to put the side seat down flat to accomodate easier in and out of the car and more storage space = no extra seats.

As far as garb goes, I'm sure I can pull something off. I think I might try to go east Texas style. A cross between country boy and redneck hick. I'll wear a big buckle and blue jeans for the country aspect, and then my hat and gar necklace for the redneck aspect. We'll see, I might just go straight country. If I can find a cowboy hat, I'll wear that with some jeans and a farrington belt buckle.

The Pookie said...

JC: you can't sit in front! Think how distractive that would be for the driver! Safety first!

We might all have to get together and go cowboy hat shopping.....

Academy, eh? Thankee....

John: don't worry, with a little help from your sister and one of the monstrous Farrington belt buckles, you'll be in good shape.

2000 miles... I have a feeling we're all going to get to know each other REALLY well....

I just hope I don't catch the giggles.... that would be disastrous!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, can you imagine a good case of the giggles going around? :):) I'm laughing already. :)

Yea, Brooke, it'd be fun to go cowgirl hat shopping together. We should try and find a day... Do you have a belt?

Is anybody going to that play in Amarillo? I don't think I'll be able to dig up $16 because I'm saving everything I have for books and souvenirs.

JC: I think you should just serenade at the hotel and summit. Plenty of time there. Think of the guitar. You don't want to scratch it all up in close quarters.

~MJ~

Hannah Maria said...

Re: The guitar in the passenger seat- is anyone besides me getting mental images of the first scene in the veggietales Jonah Movie where the asparagus dude's guitar gets stuck in the steering wheel? : ) : )That would NOT be good....

Anonymous said...

Hannah - I was just thinking that EXACT SAME THING about ten minutes earlier :)

I think Brooke and I are going to go the play in Amarillo for sure. Hannah Ricks will probably go too. It's supposed to be pretty good, and my grandparents went not too long ago and said that it was FANTASTIC. If there are some people who don't want to go, we'll just leave Houston a little earlier and drop them off at the hotel in A before we go the play.

Missy said...

Play: Thats fine!

~MJ~

Rob W. Oakley said...

WHAT PLAY in AMARILLO!

and how come I feel so OUT OF THE LOOP?!?!?!

Maybe it's none of my bee's wax

O well, I'll just sit in a corner and mope while you all leave me behind to go to summit and what not...

You all have fun...

Don't mind me...

Ok I'll be quite now...

:(

~Rob

Rob W. Oakley said...

Fifty!

Sorry! I couldn't resist...

:)

~Rob

Anonymous said...

You should come to summit too!! I think they're still accepting applications and we have on more space in the car.

Anonymous said...

one*

Anonymous said...

fine I just play in the hotel. but geez 10 hours straight without playing my guitar could be dreadful... JK. And I wasn't serious about playing it in the front seat I actually had that mental image of veggie tales in my head when I wrote that haha.

Play: Being the rich hardworking man that I am, i'm sure I'll have plenty to pay for a ticket and maybe for 1 more for my sister :)

Cowboy duds shopping: If we all gunna do that then lets not go to academy but to the Mall. I'm sure they have plenty of Cowboy hats and shirts there. I'm kinda short on boots tho... hmm... boots are kinda exspensive.... Oh well. I'm sure Joel or Jason have an extra pair possibly...

2000 miles... yes we will know each other REAL well by then...

Robby: We have one extra seat sent in your application today!!!!! Go to Summit.org and do it now!!!!!Hurry only one month left!!!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JC

Rob W. Oakley said...

Ummm...

Which one are you guys going to?

Tennessee?

~Rob

The Pookie said...

Missy: I hope you don't catch the giggles when you're driving....
I have one belt, it's not exactly "western," but it might do. I'll bring it to church to see what you think....(if I remember)

Play: I'm going!!!! What fun!! Someone needs to talk to the Farrington boys and see if they want to go....

JC and Missy: oh!!! If y'all go shopping, COME PICK ME UP FIRST!!!!

Robby: Colorado, session 7.

Rob W. Oakley said...

Right!

I thought so...

Sheesh... I don't think I will get my hopes up, but I'll at least pray that time and the economy play well on my side...

Can I go to the play?

When?

I can drive!

myself that is...

16 dollars isn't that bad!

What? what will we be watching???

Why? other than hanging out with you guys, will the play be worth it?

I ask to many questions don't I?

~Rob

Anonymous said...

What play??? Inquiring minds want to know...

Anonymous said...

Brooke: Yea, if we decide to go shopping we'll be sure to pick you up!

Rob: Yea, you should come too!

Gee, if we invite any more people we'll have to take the van! :)

I'll let someone else tell about the play. All I know is that it's in Amarillo and its about Texas...

~MJ~

The Pookie said...

It's some play we're stopping to see when we stay in Amarillo Saturday night the 18th (?) on our way to Colorado. I don't know a whole lot about it, other than it is near Paladuro (sp?) Canyon and is about Texas history. My grandparents (who are traveling) stopped to see it and they said it was awesome....

Brooke Anna

Anonymous said...

NEW POST NEWPOST!!!
newpostnewpostnewpostnewpost newpost newpost newpost newpost newpost newpost newpost newpost newpost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob W. Oakley said...

O I've heard of that!

It is really good...

I hear ;)

You'll have fun!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Hardworking rich man, will you buy me a pair of boots? I'm just going to borrow my stuff from Farrington. I'm sure they have plenty. All I need is a shirt, belt, and texas-sized buckle. hehe. I would like to avoid the mall if at all possible :) I hope the Farringtons can come to the play.

Anonymous said...

Hey I don't have that much money! But I'll see what I can do! ;) I wasn't being serious about the mall. I've got a Lone Star State belt buckle you could wear! I've got an awesome western shirt too!!!! But yea boots are exspensive! As soon as my feet are done growing I'm gunna buy some nice cowboy boots. I need a good cowboy hat tho..

JC

Kakiedoo said...

NEW POST PLEASE!!!!

Kakiedoo

Anonymous said...

I think I'll go to the goodwill store and see if I can find a western shirt like tommy has got for camp this year.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Tommy shirt was so... Radiant.

Anonymous said...

hehe, I would definately stand out :)

Hannah Maria said...

Hey, Brooke, I think that something's wrong with the song "For Always" by Josh Groban on your music player... I clicked on it and it sounded like Alvin the Chipmunk was singing! : ) It could just be my computer, I suppose, but oh, it was funny! See if it does it for you, too!

Anonymous said...

Thats happened to me a few times. Just stop it and try it again. That usually works for me. I think its the player, cause that has happened to me on like 5 different songs.

Anonymous said...

We just listened to "Oodelolly" from Robin Hood on your music player thingy. I love that song. :)