TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Quick post

Seeing that I have no time to write up a long post with books quizzes, I decided to put up some camp pictures to buy me some time. :)







Why yes, I did win.








Every man for himself




















The after-effects of mud-football. A most exciting experience...the first time I've enjoyed football in my life.

57 comments:

Rob W. Oakley said...

Looks like we're going to have to change your name to "Xenia! the Warrior Princess!"

JK

;)

~Rob

Anonymous said...

Fun fun fun!!

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

Gotta love mud football!

JC

The Pookie said...

Oh yes. We played in the muddy rodeo arena. Mucho fun!

And yes, we won. :):):)

Brooke Anna

Oh, btw, I'm feeling a little loopy right now. :) Laura, Melody, and Marissa A. came over, and they, Christie, and I had the loveliest, most elegant, and craziest tea party! Complete with costumes (except me, I only had an apron because the wore all my costumes! I could of worn my green dress... but I don't like taking chances), and 5 pots of tea!

Anonymous said...

I like tea AND Hunter Pence! He's awesome. But Costumes are good too, though not near as good as a Gibson Les Paul.

Anonymous said...

Dress-up rocks. Why don't people
actually wear things like that anymore? I'm starting a fashion revolution. From now on I will wear only fashions from before 1900. So there. ;)

Anonymous said...

Is that Lauren Frey in some of those pics?

The Pookie said...

Amen Sue! I shall join thee! You take Georgetown, I'll take Tomball, and then we'll expand and conquer! :):):) ;)

JC: Yep.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting a rebellion against the fashion revolution!

:):):):)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm JK.

~MJ~

Anonymous said...

I like your music!

Hannah Maria said...

Pre-1900's fashions are lovely, but wouldn't they be a little warm for TX summers? : )

Anonymous said...

Yeah when it is convenient (ie cold outside) then maybe I will join you but not today even though I am sure it is cooler in Va than in Tx. today is umm 85? ttyl, Darby

Anonymous said...

Dress-up is not an option. It's a life-style.

I love, love, love your new profile pic. We all knew there was an elf-princess hidden in Brooke somewhere!

Jessica McDonald said...

Brooke,
I'm joining the revolution!! :) lol.
Yeah, I watched Daniel Deronda the other night and I'm determined to make bustle gowns and wear only that era for a year...
lol. not the most convienient dresses to cook in...lol...but I can't resist! :D
Oh, and we're wanting to make my Dad and brother white suits to where with straw hats. Wouldn't that be totally adorable??

lol. sorry, I'm going a little off-topic! lol.

Looks like you had a blast at camp!! :D Love the mud football...looks kind of like how ppl look after a game of rugby! :D

jessica

Anonymous said...

I'll wear a cape!

~MJ~

The Pookie said...

Ugh! I need more costumes! I'm on short supply... I grow too fast!!! All those that fit me now are too nice to wear every day.... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

You need MORE costumes?!

Well, I guess the growing thing would be a problem. You should wait until you're 17 then make all your costumes.

~MJ~

The Pookie said...

Oh yes! Much, much more!!

Render MoonArrow said...

I'm Back hoooo hahahahahaha( Evil laugh)

Rob W. Oakley said...

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!!!

SO SPREAD THE WORD AROUND!!!

~Rob

The Pookie said...

Wooohoooo. How was it?

Rob W. Oakley said...

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Shotgun SHOOTING!!!

CLIMBING!!!

SWIMING!!!

HIKING!!!

LOTS OF HIKING!!!

COOKING!!!

SLEEPING OUT UNDER THE STARS!!!

Brilliant stars!!!

Brilliant stars by the water ;)

...

*Gasp*

HOMEMADE ROOT BEER

FACE PAINTING

BRANDING!!!

BLACK POWDER RIFLE SHOOTING!!!

a little bit of rain...

FUN FUN FUN!!!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

SUH-WEET!!!!!!! Sounds AWESOME!!!

JC

Kakiedoo said...

Oh great. Now I wanna go to Teen Week. Oh when will I decide? Well, I think I can wait till 2009 to go, cuz I want to be with Christie again.

Kakiedoo

The Pookie said...

Whoa. Fun!!!

Hey, just so y'all know, our internet is out (*gasp*)... so our only source to the outside world is through Grandma's computer ;)

Thus, I won't be around a lot for awhile....

I trust y'all will survive ;):):)

Brooke

Rob W. Oakley said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

All is lost!

We can't see very clearly without you!

Ryan and I are bond to go completely insane without your presence, poise, and sanity!!!

We hope order and peace retains itself for you soon!

God Bless!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

Oh great Brooke, you better come back! Before Rob and Ryan rub off the nutsiness!:):):):):)

Kakiedoo

Anonymous said...

Well as soon as you get your internet back... would you be so kind as to publish something new please.

Render MoonArrow said...

Speachless!!!!



Oh dear, I think I hear a song coming on!


Brooke's computer is dead poor Brookes computer is lying dead we must have a proper funeral, poor computer lets say a cry for Brooke's computer is no more,
remember him well it is so shocking
that poor Brooke's computer is dead, but wait there's still a chance to unfry his chips, the computer says I've not kicked the bucket, he is just like new just my Internet that is out of here and on fire. so don't frown don't even sob for Brookes dear computer is just out of order.

Wow that didn't even rhyme.


Quick Brooke, you are our only method to our maddens!!!!!


Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhterrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Rob W. Oakley said...

Second VERSE!!!

The internet is down,

let us all give a frown :(

for Brooke's access to the world of blog is no more :(

Exploration is at an alteration

For Brooke tis the book that will keep her busy!

The internet is down

but lets not give a frown

for things work out eventually

Poor Mozilla is dead!

Poor Mozilla

Linksys come back from the dead and bring Mozilla back with you

Exploration is at an alteration

For Brooke tis the book that will keep her busy!

A due, a due, till next time!

The internet is down

but lets not give a frown

for things work out eventually

;)

~Rob

Kakiedoo said...

Nice poem...

Kakiedoo said...

Wait a sec...Holly was your counselor? She was mine too! What cabin were you in?

Kakiedoo said...

Or was she(Holly) just on your football team?

Anonymous said...

haha nice Verse robby!!! That was good. Have you had a chance to work on that picture of me? No rush just curious.

JC

Rob W. Oakley said...

I need to find a decent picture of an astros pitcher then work with you some more on your photograph.

It would be best to find a good picture of an astros player then match your head to the body rather than the other way around.

So just give me a little time and we will see what we can do, but in the mean time thank you for your patients!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

oh my word.. R&R need more to do!


~MJ~

Rob W. Oakley said...

I guess we could write songs and poems!

Ello! good morning, good evening, good night,

tis the light that blinds, and the voice that cries, "where art thou!"

Tis sweet agony when lives must part, for the thought of parting within itself is devastating, but the blessed assurance that one might see another again is indeed assuring!

Hello, goodbye?

where art thou going?

One may never tell, for a intercahnging wind is what moves us all taking us wherever it deems us worthing and almost dashing us upon the rocks, but may there be a sail? a sail of divine truth to lead us the right way? tis sweet joy to know that one is not alone with a God of infinite purpotions to navigate our path and take us throughout the currents of salvation to the haven far yet close ashore!

Haven, O Haven! tis beautiful shores which Thou has created for you and me! I look to the day with great anticipation! Where we all may dwell eternally!

Amen

How was that?

I'm done...

~The Renaissance Man

The Pookie said...

Oh my.... that was...er... lovely :)

Kaylie: yep, she was my counselor, along with Christin Celsor.

Tomorrow is the planned return of our internet!!!

And yes, JC, I'll try to work up something.....

Brooke Anna

Anonymous said...

BTW I love that song at the bottom... Let it be or something like that... Where is it from???

The Pookie said...

"May it be" by Enya. It's on the Lord of the Rings Soundtrack...

Rob W. Oakley said...

Ya! the great Nenaglarelendil returns!

We should sing a song!

Ryan! we need to sing a song!

Ryan!!!

Ryan?

Hmmm...

I'll be right back...

~Rob

Anonymous said...

Nenaglarelendil returns to us
Now lets all make a big fuss!
Not of anger, strife, or fury.
But one of joy and festivity!

Anonymous said...

that was terrible...

Anonymous said...

Umm... I don't see any need for yall to write or sing a song! :):):):):) I think yall should stick to poetry.

Kakiedoo

Anonymous said...

Songs are poetry!

The Pookie said...

Quite.... but fury and festivity don't rhyme. ;)

A good effort, nontheless.

Internet is back! But I still won't be on much til the weekend... (summer school, blah)

Happy Independence Day!

The Watkins make some awesome chocolate syrup!!!

Brooke Anna

Oh! And they also have a wonderful collection of books!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Brooke...we're glad you're back.

:)

Rob W. Oakley said...

Good to have you back!

(summer school...BLAH!) well if it makes you feel any better, I am on the same desolate yet promising road...

~Rob

Render MoonArrow said...

Yay the Great Elven Princes Nenaglarelendil Returns!!!

Render

Anonymous said...

yea I know they don't rhyme. But I was desperate. And thats why I said it was TERRIBLE. Oh well. Not to be impatient or anything but when will we be graced with the prescense of a new post?

BTW Next time John cuts your cable line ;), tell your cable guy to bury it at least a foot underground so he won't have to come out again.

Can't wait till tomarrow!!!!

JC

Render MoonArrow said...

me nether

Anonymous said...

What's with the "Princess Nenaglarelendil" thing?

Render MoonArrow said...

Nenaglarelendil is her Elvish Character.


as mine is Render Moonarrow the Great Ranger of Mirkwood.


And yours is?

By the way Nenaglarelendil is Elvish for "Star of the Shining Waters".

~Render~

Render MoonArrow said...

New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!! New post Please!!



~Render~

Rob W. Oakley said...

It's

"Brilliant Star of the Water!"

Isn't that cool?

~Nenaglarelendil~

Algar means Brilliant

Elen means Star

Nen means water



Dil just makes it look fancy plus is sounds AWESOME!

~Rob

Anonymous said...

I did not cut the cable line!!! The connection got some water in it and grounded out. Now given, that was probably due to me going to lowes and trying to figure out how to patch a cable wire and then attempting to do it. The patch worked until it started raining a lot. But, I didn't but the line! :)

Anonymous said...

How do you pronounce Nenaglarelendil anyways?

Kakiedoo