The Miss Brooke Anna of the House of Boriack in the Land of Tomball spends her life in a variety of pastimes. These include homeschooling (including History, Literature, Geography, Algebra 2, Blasted Biology, Composition-Writing, Spanish, Logic, and so forth) and spending lengthy amounts of time expanding her skill on the piano. She enjoys spending her spare time creating costumes, dancing, writing, and above all, reading. In fact, a good amount of her un-spare time is also spent reading. Though she is not usually the "sports" type, she managed to kick the soccer ball through someone's (I shall be kind enough not to mention his name)legs last Sunday! She has also recently managed to bake a batch of cookies without snitching any!!!!! (Let's hear it for Brooke!!!). She also has a passionate love for good movies... good movies, mind you.. not all that trashy stuff! A little more information on the mysterious life she leads can be found if you click on her picture... though most of it still remains a mystery.
Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourses of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness. ~Helen Keller
But when a young lady is to be a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to throw a hero in her way. ~Jane Austen
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
"Charm is deceitful and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised" Proverbs 31:30
"There is only one thing to do with such a disagreeable person as she.... I must throw a party for her!" ~Jane Austen
"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us." Jane Austen
"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me that trouble of liking them" Jane Austen
"His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all." J.R.R. Tolkien
"It's a dangerous business going out your front door" J.R.R. Tolkien
Hi everyone!! Did you miss me? I am coming to the film festival (DV) and a long time friend last week just found out that I wasn't 17 so don't feel bad. I LOVE the necklace a friend of mine has one and I want to get one SOOOO BAD!! l8er, Darby Maeve
Actually her initials are MJW which is even cooler because it completely matches. :D Yeah Brooke your pic isn't showing on mine either. Weird.... Maybe you had a new pic taken but you didn't realize that you had spinach in your teeth so you removed the pic? I don't know. I am going to watch that car vid again that makes me laugh every time. :D :D :D Only 8 days till our dance!!! I cant WAIT!!!
Yah, I said dance. Aren't you jealous?? :D It is next Friday I CAN'T WAIT!!! It is also nice cause it was pretty short notice so I wasn't like, I CAN'T WAIT for 3 months just 3 weeks. :D I am SO PSYCHED!! (hopefully the boys will comply and actually dance and hopefully we do more than 5 dances.) Darby
The world is too small. :( Well maybe next dance y'all can come to Virginy (as we hicks call it) that will prob be in Nov. early Nov. which is a bummer cause we never get one on my bday which is mid nov.:( Anyway what you saying ryan about R and S being bad initials? all the men at our house those are there initials. Robert Sproul the fourth, Robert Sproul the fifth, and Reilly Sproul the first. So watch yo mouth!! jk. Darby
Well here I am in the mountains of North Carolina. It is soooooooo pretty up here. I hope yall arent missing me to much, I know I am alot of fun and all that but hang on I will be back in two Sunday's... We are having a ball on our vaca and I can't wait to see you all and tell you of my adventures.
Hey Brooke, BTW I saw Eragon in the car. It was okay but I thought that it was too much stuff packed into a short movie. They really needed a series. Also I think there was too much magic. Like I said it was okay.
I like the changes you've made, Brooke! Where'd you get the idea for that neat music player? : )I think it's funny how most of your music is piano-driven and mild until you scroll to the bottom and there's SWITCHFOOT! : )From one extreme to the other... : ) ; )Have you ever seen the music video for "Stars"? Guitar abuse...grrrr...
BTW Would you be so kind as to publish a NEW post to spark some NEW conversations that could potentially turn into NEW arguments and possibly reNEW your blog?
You know, now that I think about it... New is a weird word. Look at it... I looks so... Weird. It doesn't look NEW...
About John: Yep. Isn't it ridiculous? That guy has definately found favor with God.
Robby: THAT IS THE COOLEST NAME! But surely you can come up with a better hint then that! The suspense is killing me.
JC: I suppose I could. I'd write about our trip, but John has the camera with him, and what would a post be without pictures, right? I have some camp pictures...
You should definitely post about something you know alot about. Reading? BOOKs!!!!! Post about your favorite book. NO! Make a survey about books or something and see how much we know about books!
J.C.- yep it is! It's so funny to watch the guitarists in that video pretending to play dead guitars in some swimming pool- its a good thing that they remembered to unplug those guitars before jumping in - can you see the headlines? "Famous band dies horrible death- electrocuted in freak accident..."
Brooke, yeah- why don't you take a survey of all your blog readers about books- find out what thier favorite book is, what they're currently reading, what genre they like best (historical fiction, mysteries, etc.), it might start some interesting debates? : )
52 comments:
I say! it is my best work yet ;)
I am glad you liked it!
~Rob
Nice ears! : D
I like the way your necklace shines. Its really pretty.
Kakiedoo
It is truly a work of art. Your amazing Robby. I want you to put me into an Astros uniform pitching in minute maid. That would be so cool.
that is a good Idear <15>
15! Next Sunday wear an Astros hat!
~Rob
Got it!
Are you goign to put me in an Astros Uni? If so I'll bring my Aggie hat and you can do that too maybe.
Hi everyone!! Did you miss me? I am coming to the film festival (DV) and a long time friend last week just found out that I wasn't 17 so don't feel bad. I LOVE the necklace a friend of mine has one and I want to get one SOOOO BAD!! l8er, Darby Maeve
Yea, we missed you!
I can't wait till the film festival!
It is going to be AWESOME!
I am going to make a lego music video; can't wait to show you!
~Rob
adios everybody!!! see yall in august!!
Brooke, Brooke, where art thou? We haven't heard from you for a WHOLE WEEK! :):):)
Cool pics, Brooke! Very dramatic. The colors are really neat.
I like your profile pic too, Hannah! Seems very familiar...*wink, wink* :)
*winks back* Sue, you need to come comment on my blog... I am sorely in need of more commenters! : )
Brooke's been out of town. Shes back now. But she's probably busy unpacking and such. :):)
~MJ~
Missy your Initials are MJ that is soooooo cool.
AWESOME.
With a silent E
Render
Why thank you. I always thought so.
:-):-):-):-)
~MJ~
Hey people! I'm back!
I'll try to write up a new post when I get the chance.... my house is a little crazy right now, so it may be awhile.
Brooke Anna
YA!!!
The infamous Brooke returns!!!
I am sure everyone uniformed (me)
would love to hear every highlight
of your trip!
~Rob
...
What happened to your profile pic???
I didn't even know you were gone til Missy told me...: )
Actually her initials are MJW which is even cooler because it completely matches. :D Yeah Brooke your pic isn't showing on mine either. Weird.... Maybe you had a new pic taken but you didn't realize that you had spinach in your teeth so you removed the pic? I don't know. I am going to watch that car vid again that makes me laugh every time. :D :D :D Only 8 days till our dance!!! I cant WAIT!!!
Elo Darby Ow ya doin ?
?DANCE?
Render
Elo Brooke Ow ya Doin?
?ECNAD?
Yah, I said dance. Aren't you jealous?? :D It is next Friday I CAN'T WAIT!!! It is also nice cause it was pretty short notice so I wasn't like, I CAN'T WAIT for 3 months just 3 weeks. :D I am SO PSYCHED!! (hopefully the boys will comply and actually dance and hopefully we do more than 5 dances.) Darby
Just curious, how does MJW match?
~MJ~
MJW: Mary Jane Watson
Darby: OHH!!! How fun!!! I don't get to dance til October.. :(
I hope there are indeed some real men there to dance with the gals!
Let us all know how it turns out!
What do you mean "real men"? aren't you happy with us? or are there not enough to go around.
M and J just go really well with each other. R and S don't (R)YAN (S)COTT OAKLEY
I wish we had teleporters.
you know like the ones on Scifi movie's.
then we could come to dance with you Darby.
Darn the world so small yet it's so big.
Hey The pookie..
if you put a song on your blog what would it be?
Render
"Beam me up Scotty!!!"
VREEEEEM
DARN...
that usually works...
I think she meant she hoped there would be "Real Men" for Darby...
I hope so to!
Have fun Darby!!!
Madi Joy Oakley
MJ
That is such a cool abbreviation!!!
With great initials, comes great publicity! ;)
~Rob
The world is too small. :( Well maybe next dance y'all can come to Virginy (as we hicks call it) that will prob be in Nov. early Nov. which is a bummer cause we never get one on my bday which is mid nov.:( Anyway what you saying ryan about R and S being bad initials? all the men at our house those are there initials. Robert Sproul the fourth, Robert Sproul the fifth, and Reilly Sproul the first. So watch yo mouth!! jk. Darby
That's first and last name
not first and middle
I'll shut my voicebox now
my mistake.
Well here I am in the mountains of North Carolina. It is soooooooo pretty up here. I hope yall arent missing me to much, I know I am alot of fun and all that but hang on I will be back in two Sunday's... We are having a ball on our vaca and I can't wait to see you all and tell you of my adventures.
Have a blessed week,
Ben
Hey Brooke, BTW I saw Eragon in the car. It was okay but I thought that it was too much stuff packed into a short movie. They really needed a series. Also I think there was too much magic. Like I said it was okay.
Virgina would be nice!
BEN!!!
Lucky!!!
I mean "One who is extremely blessed!"
~Rob
We also watched the Princess Bride
OOOOOOOO!
Pretty wall paper!
I love it! ;)
I am glad it worked!
I am trying to lean HTML and JAVA script so in the near future I can start building my own websites and animations ;)
~Rob
oh, I knew that. MJW. Pretty cool.
Have fun Darby!
Glad you are enjoying your vacation Ben!
~MJ~
I like the changes you've made, Brooke! Where'd you get the idea for that neat music player? : )I think it's funny how most of your music is piano-driven and mild until you scroll to the bottom and there's SWITCHFOOT! : )From one extreme to the other... : ) ; )Have you ever seen the music video for "Stars"? Guitar abuse...grrrr...
Thank you Hannah! I like em too (thanks Robby!!)
Have a ton of fun Ben!
I love smoothies
Jon's Guitar in that Music Video is totally awesome!!!!
WHERE IS JOHN!!!!
Render
JOHN IS AT SOME HUNTING RANCH WEST OF SAN ANTONIO WITH TOMMY AND HIS COUSIN SETH!!!!!!!!!
LUCKY!!!
How come [I] don't get invited to stuff like that?!?!?!?!
~Rob
Tell me about it...
That boy lives a charmed life.
I won't spoil his glory by telling you about his adventures. He won't be at church, but will be next week (Lord willing).
Yea he having a ton of fun AND making money right?
I hope you'll be there next week because Ryan and I have a surprise for you and we're not going to tell you what it is!
instead, we'll just torment you by leaving you in suspense for an entire week :)
I'll give you a hint:
~Nenaglarelendil~
See you next week ;)
This is Rob signing off!
BTW Would you be so kind as to publish a NEW post to spark some NEW conversations that could potentially turn into NEW arguments and possibly reNEW your blog?
You know, now that I think about it... New is a weird word. Look at it... I looks so... Weird. It doesn't look NEW...
About John: Yep. Isn't it ridiculous? That guy has definately found favor with God.
Robby: THAT IS THE COOLEST NAME! But surely you can come up with a better hint then that! The suspense is killing me.
JC: I suppose I could. I'd write about our trip, but John has the camera with him, and what would a post be without pictures, right? I have some camp pictures...
Whatcha think I should post about?
HEY!
want to know something else about the news!!!
N.ORTH
E.AST
W.EST
S.OUTH
that's where it came from you know!
well, most of us here are homeshcooled so maybe you did already know that
I QUIT!
the WEATHER MAN
You should definitely post about something you know alot about. Reading? BOOKs!!!!! Post about your favorite book. NO! Make a survey about books or something and see how much we know about books!
JC
I did that. it's easy just try to spell the character's names right, and it take a lot of typing.
J.C.- yep it is! It's so funny to watch the guitarists in that video pretending to play dead guitars in some swimming pool- its a good thing that they remembered to unplug those guitars before jumping in - can you see the headlines? "Famous band dies horrible death- electrocuted in freak accident..."
Brooke, yeah- why don't you take a survey of all your blog readers about books- find out what thier favorite book is, what they're currently reading, what genre they like best (historical fiction, mysteries, etc.), it might start some interesting debates? : )
Post a Comment