The Long-Awaited New Post
Well... it seems that my adoring public is demanding a new post. My life must be more interesting than I thought.... though I can't deny, it is full of adventures and excitement.
Let's see... oh yes, I just got back from Frontier camp - a wonderful experience. I'm still somewhat suffering the after-effects though... (slept in til almost noon on Monday... I've never done that before and boy did it feel awesome!). Among my favorite activities were the water-weenie (get me to tell you my heroic story about that sometime), the mud-football game between my cabin and another girl cabin, and blacklight dodgeball (blacklights make everything that is white glow... and had nothing white on me except my eyes and teeth :)). Anyway, there were a total of 5 cabins (3 girls, 2 boys) and each cabin competed to win more points... (this could also be done with bible memory verses). We won the girls (we actually had more points than the guys' too, but they gave the boys a break, and Fannin cabing won the boys division). No doubt because we recited 603 bible verses in 2 days :) As reward for our hard work, the winning cabins got to stay up way past 12:00 on Friday night with pizza and ice-cream... fun, fun, fun... and the biggest, craziest game of Monkey-llama!
That will have to do for now... I have things to do :)
Brooke Anna





57 comments:
Sounds like fun!!
KJW
Ditto, I hope I can work there next year.
Jc has totally convinced me to be a wrangler next year. :) I think Jaron wants to wash dishes there too. The Watkins household may be very empty come this time next year...
~MW~
I'm so working there next year. For at least a session. Can't wait till August 12th!!!!!!
that ^ was me hehe yeah
OH btw. My cabin (Austin) Got the most points for memory verse out of all the boys cabins!!! 10 points of memory verses!!!! at 5 points a verse that comes out to 2 WHOLE verses!!!!!...
OH BTW agian. Please accept my sincere thank you for posting a real post. THANK YOU.
You're welcome :)
We had about 3000 points worth :)
It sounds like you had lots of fun!! :D
jess
Wow. Dare I ask what "monkey llama" is? :):) Sounds like you had fun- way to go on all that bible-memorizing!
Money Llama is a game that Peter invented. I think.
I'll let someone else explain it...
~MW~
Did peter Really invent that game?!?!
I said I THINK he did. Not sure...
~MW~
I was in fannin and we had a total of 2800 points. For guys that is pretty darn good. I was shocked at how many bible verses we did, I think it was in the neighborhood of 540. I had a great time too I think my favorite activity was skeet shooting!!!!! One day I went 14-17!!! The bannana boat, swimming, and knock-out were also really fun.
Ben
No, Peter didn't invent it, but he taught it to the rest of us. He couldn't remember what it was called. In one round, he kept saying "Monkey-llama" so that's what we dubbed it. :)
Ben: Skeet Shooting was awesome!! I got 5 for 5 my first round... I love it when luck decides to jump into my life! Of course.. it may just be a hidden Boriack talent ;)
I'm related to Any Oakley you know
LOL
Annie
:):):) We'll have to try you out sometime. Do you prefere .22 or shotgun?
Yeah I think that my 14-17 was pretty much luck too. I love it too when luck is on my side, though it happens quite rarley I must say. Ehum
SHOT GUN! give me that 12 or 22 gauge and we'll blow anything that falls from the sky!
~Rob
I just gave my .22 a makeover. It's sooo sweet.
POST A PICTURE PLEASE...I want to see it John!
put it on HBF
~Rob
Yea Annie Oakley was your Great Great Grandma wasn't she?! I bet your amazing with a gun. I remember the last time I shot skeet, about 3 years ago. I got like 7-15. Trey got like 14-15. It was fun though.
I don't know how many Bible verses we did, but it was alot!
Kakiedoo
Occasionally I like to take an AK-47 out on a date to the shooting range, but then again the raging bull is pretty sweet if you like holding that much power in your hands... then again, just plain shotgun is soooo SWEET!!!
Do you know when the winter ball is Brooke? It might (just might) work out that I would be able to go. Sounds like you had fun at camp! Darby Maeve
Robert, your trigger happy today aren't ya
i CAN'T WAIT[;[;[;[;
CAPSLOCK
I can't wait till I can go to frontier camp, as soon as I get a living chance.
isn't it great out side. it's so cold and cheese tastes great with Marshmallows
Hi Darby, we haven't met yet. I'm JC Watkins. Anyway the Winter Ball is one the 8th of December. I think. I could be wrong. But I'm 75% sure. Its alot of fun!
JC you have ruined me!! *sniff* I was hoping it was in late Oct because I will be in Tx then for the film festival. *cry* Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
Man no matter what I do I always seem to mess things up :):):)
There is a Dance Practice on October 13th, Its not nearly as eloquent as the ball is but it still fun.
UG! :(
Darby,
With great humility do I say I am utterly sorry for working your hopes up so high.
I promise I'll make it up to you!
Things workout according to His will and not our own.
Only He who holds the future can tell what is truly to come...
~Rob
I'm used to it. It comes from being optomistic. No apple pie for you though!!! :D Darby Maeve
Oh and I have a? what is HBF is it some kind of homeschool group and do you all go to the same church if so what church? Ok so that was 2 ?s.
Hempstead Bible Fellowship church
HBF
That's how I met the Borriacks ;)
and that's how you found me :)
~Rob
What denomination?
Bible Fellowship...
I couldn't quite say, "we don't have a denomination," but you could say we're just a "Bible believing, God worshiping, christian fellowshipping" people.
~Rob
Sup yall I made one of those quiz thingys check it out here.
http://www.quizyourfriends.com/quizpage.php?quizname=070609193907-856588& Darby Maeve
Great quiz!
know I can say I know a little more about you :D
~Rob
Here is another one it might be easier.http://www.truefriendtest.com/friendtest/106566
Take my quiz!
http://www.quizyourfriends.com/
quizpage.php?quizname=070609204218
-907105&
Make sure you copy all of that!
~Rob
I never heard of on line quizzes
apple dreams
rob you thought that I was 17? Here is another one.http://www.truefriendtest.com/friendtest/109290 Do better all of you! :D Darby
Ya!
It's interesting...
I thought you couldn't of been much younger than Ryan (which is 15) when we met and it's been two years...
and the only choices were 12,13,17, & 25...
So I hutched that you were 17...
But you should take that as a compliment... You write very well ;)
~Rob
How old are you anyway Darby???
I am almost 14. But almost all my friends are 16 and up. Clue, pizza, 16 states.
O, well Ryan and I just had our birthdays in March.
Pizza and 16 states?
Wow!
I like squid and snails but thats just my preference ;)No, I like Italian too!
I think I have been to ten states
Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee,
Arkansas, Indiana, Missouri, Louisiana, Ohio, and New Mexico.
O hey!
Clue is our favorite too! ;)
~Rob
Ok Darby, I don't know you but I'm going to try your quiz... this will be interesting. :)
So far I'm doing horrible...
BTW whose you're favorite player on the Pirates?
YES!!! I got one!
I got another one!
Ok... I just got the worst score...
:):)
~MW~
ooh! I got a 50 on Robbie's quiz!
~MW~
OMW!! I can't believe I just misspelled who's! I made it possessive! AHH!! The misspelling of homophones is SOOO annoying! Esp. when I do it.
~MW~
http://www.truefriendtest.com/friendtest/113260 one more. I LOVE Clue too. I like Italian so much. You have eaten snails? Aren't they good? I love them. missyroo, I like Jason Bay. :D I don't follow very much baseball though my sport is football. (to watch not play) Well goodbye for a week! Darby Maeve
Jason Bay is cool. The only time I don't like him is when we're playing against him! :)
You're 13 Darby? I don't know who you are but you sounded like you were like 16 or 17! I am 12.
Kakiedoo
she said shes coming to the film festival this year. maybe then you can meet her.
right Darby
Have you ever had penne pasta, GRRRRiled chicken, romaine sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, spinach, and GORGONZOLA CHEESE?!?!?!?!?!?
OMG! that is sooooo GOOOOOOOD!
AW! is anyone hungry yet?
How about you Darby???
I am :O
~A very hungry me
~Rob
BTW I've never eaten snails...
But I shall be diligent to try ;)
Calamari is tasty though!
Post a Comment