TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Boouk (cover....pages.....)

I am happy to present you all with a book recommendation!!!!






















The year 2007 will mark the quadricentennial anniversary of America s first colony--Jamestown, Virginia. In honor of this exciting benchmark, Vision Forum has published a newly revised edition of the Jamestown tercentennial classic, To Have and to Hold, an historical novel depicting the trials, struggles, and triumphs of the colony's early years. Written from a distinctly Christian perspective, "To Have and to Hold" brings to life America s birth, weaving a story of adventure and intrigue with providence and perseverance in colonial Jamestown, while outlining the trials endured by our forefathers as they built the New World. Read about swashbucklers, savages, and noblemen, as fictional characters mingle with the real Jamestown leaders and colonists. Seen through the eyes of Ralph Percy--a valiant warrior protecting and cherishing his wife, his duty, and the honor of God's holy law--"To Have and to Hold" will leave you with an appreciation for the sacrifice of those who have gone before, and a better understanding of our nation's history.

Yes. It's GREAT!

Go read it.

- da pooksta -

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm beginning to recover...barely:) Oh, and I LOVE the title to this post...big smile. Gotta love Doc Noebel and his boouks. I just love having people with whom you can share these jokes. Now that I'm back home no one appreciates when I make comments about boouks or hippies or elephants...or was it a hippo...in water tanks:) Glad SOMEone cares!
~Nichole

Anonymous said...

That looks really good! I wish our libraries had it!

The Pookie said...

Nichole - I'm actually doing well, considering.... however, I'm still writing that research paper for the college credit... and that is a steady reminder :( I understand. I tell people about elephants and hippos in water tanks and they look at me like I'm a hippie! ;)

MISS YOU!

Sue - Yes, I don't think our library has it either... mom bought it :)

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty good. I have this list of books that I have been, or have read resently that are pretty amazing. As you can tell they have not helped me in the spelling and grammer department though. But I will keep trying and hopefully one day I can become at least half way decent at both.

Ben Adams

Jessica McDonald said...

I LOVE that book, Brooke!! Awesomeness!! :D

jessica

Anonymous said...

Sounds good!

Kakiedoo

Hannah Maria said...

Brooke!!! NO!!!! don't give me more books to read- I have such an overwhelming list after Summit to begin with! : ) Just kidding... Thanks for the review- I'll have to check it out.

The Pookie said...

Jessica - YOU'VE READ EVERYTHING haven't you?

Render MoonArrow said...

It sounds very Inspirational.

Anonymous said...

I finally put up a new post on my blog!! Go see!

http://www.a-revolution-of-love.blogspot.com/

JC

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh!!!

I HAVE TO READ IT!!!!

IF I DON'T GET THAT BOOK IN LESS
1 HOUR I'LL...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
JUST DIE!!!


sorry, couldn't resist.

The Pookie said...

The abuse I take for being a literary genius.... *sigh*....

;)

Jessica McDonald said...

ROFLOL, Brooke! Yeah...pretty much!! hehe!!

Anonymous said...

"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
--Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745)

There you have it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Very funny... Jaron you just got OWNED!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! PERFECT!!!!! Sue that's hillarious.

Jaron, Shapowned (Is that how we should spell it JC? Or should it be Chapowned?)

The Pookie said...

Ah yes, thank you Sue.

Sue is another literary genius, she has quotes at her command! And we musn't forget Jessica! I think she's read everything I've looked at....

Kindred spirits!!!

BTW, "Readers are Leaders" - Doc Noebel

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Sha-powned. Yea Yea!

Anonymous said...

Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Yea I think so!

I just talked to Tommy and Peter about the R.I.E. sale... OMG!!! I so wish I could've gone!!! Tommy got a $135 Sleeping Bag for $25, so much more stuff its not fair!!! They need to have another one before the Survival trip!!!

Anonymous said...

I talked to him too. He was supposed to get me a sleeping bag when he got one, but they only had one :( Wish I could have gone too, if they ever do that again, we're going to have to get there really early, he said that the first 27 people in got all the good stuff, he was around number 36 :(

Anonymous said...

Thats what he told me. Yea we definetly need to go next time! I wishI could've made it today though cause I need a ton of stuff before the survival trip...

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Brooke. :) Though I must admit, I use the internet to find my witicisms. Shocking, I know.

The Pookie said...

SHHHH!!! You're not supposed to tell them that! ;) :):):)

When are you coming to Houston again?

Anonymous said...

Ah...as soon as I surface from the whirling vortex of schoolwork and find a good excuse. :P

Anonymous said...

Ya'll need to come for the ball in November, what more of an excuse do you need?!?! :):):)

Anonymous said...

Ya'll need to come for the ball in November, what more of an excuse do you need?!?! :):):)

Anonymous said...

why did it post twice?

The Pookie said...

YES!!!!!! That's the best reason EVER!!!!!!!

The Pookie said...

You should stay with us and then we'll all somehow fit our hoopskirts in some cars and go!!! That would be SO FUN!

Hannah Maria said...

*sniff* y'all have all the fun without me... : )

Anonymous said...

you should come too! That would be really fun :) Just drive, it's not that far *cough* *cough* :)

Anonymous said...

only 1500 miles... not that bad. Just hire me and Jason to break dance in the back seat and it'll go by in a jiffy... :)

Hannah Maria said...

I seriously don't think my poor little old car would make it that far... Elijah was washing my windshield the other day and the rearview mirror fell off. : ) I still love it though- it's more comfortable and has smaller blind spots than Dad, Mom or Lydia's cars...lol.