TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Farm pictures

Howdy-do Folks,

I don't have much time....newsflash... so this shall be short and sweet.


We had an awesome trip. The weather was beautiful.... but it WAS SO WINDY!!!!!! When fishing, I could hardly cast because my hair got caught up in everything and deprived me of my sight! But it wasn't all that bad.....


Because I read the best book since the Inheritance Trilogy!!! It's called "The Final Storm" by Wayne Thomas Batson. It's the last book of the Door Within Trilogy. IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!! I have all three if anyone wants to borrow them (after John is finished).




So, I was never bored. Even when the fishing wasn't so good. ahhhhh... the bliss of a good book.

We went hiking A LOT and found a bunch of good climbing trees. One was hanging over a stream, and we all climbed onto the branches (except mom). When Daniel made his way up, he said, "I feel like Robin Hood." So, that dear tree has been dubed the 'Robin Hood Tree'.




The woods were BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I've never seen such green grass.




We finished our fun filled family trip by eating at the traditional "Elm Creek Cafe" THAT PLACE IS SO GOOD!!!















~Brooke

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Sweet* pictures, Brooke! Sounds like y'all had a blast...
So, what's this "Door Within" trilogy about?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, they must be pretty good, cuz she hasn't stopped talking about it since.

The Pookie said...

I wouldn't dare ruin it for you.... but if you need a recommendation for the permission of the parents, you have it. It's SO GOOD!!!! Especially the last book. It's Christian Fantasy.

bb

boyfromdedza said...

that looks like a awesome tree!!!!

Anonymous said...

it is. and what u cant c is the creek of water under it, really cool. sorry about the spelling, im typibg with one hand

Kakiedoo said...

I wanna go climb that tree!!! That is an awesome tree!

Kaylie

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Josiah is so cute with his fish... : )

The Pookie said...

I know....he was so excited!!! He's so cute.... what's really strange is that he'll be FIVE this summer..... my baby...sniff, sniff...sob, sob....

bb

Anonymous said...

5?!?! You think 5 is old! My darling... I only have 4 days left to be 18. You should send me a funny card to brighten my day...

(man, if you think THIS is bad, wait till I'm about to turn 20. not good...)
~MW~

(S)Matt(S) said...

you actuall like that song? ewww lol. i guess everybody has there own oppinion.

Anonymous said...

Brooke- I know how you feel! Faith just turned five and is learning to read...: O five years is the longest we've been without a baby at the Neumann house (the gap between me and Elijah is 4 years)so it's a little sad. : ( Faith is becoming such a sweet little lady, though!

Missy- The Bible does say that gray hair is a crown of splendor... : D And you're not as bad off as Lydia- she's half way over the hill! : )

Anonymous said...

Wow! My hat is off to you know. You actually read on a vacation!!! Wow!!! You are gooood as Petey Cat would say. Looks like yall had fun. John said he caught alot of fish.
Ben

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!