TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ugly: (adj) 1. Infant Squirrels


Ladies and Gentleman, though it may sound harsh, I have some breaking news... Infant Squirrels are UGLY!!!!

Our neighbors brought us two baby squirrels that fell out of their nest after the rain. One of them didn't make it, but I think the girl is going to live. She's about 1 week old. Anyway, since I was the one who answered the phone and said "yes", the squirrel (dare I call it that?) is now my responsibility...she better be cuter when she gets older! The last thing I need is having to wake up every two hours in the middle of the night to feed her....(sigh)... but, I have faith that she will be much more attractive when she gets older...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW!

The Pookie said...

AWWW????? How can you say AWW?? Maybe in a few weeks... but now?? I took her to church (because I had to feed her every two hours) and I really freaked out a few people >:)) I'll put some more pics up when she's more attractive :)

The Pookie said...

Okay... two days later, and she now looks ALOT better.... In fact, I think she's cute! It's so fun to feed her!
bb

Jessica McDonald said...

LOL. She IS ugly, Brooke. No offense to her, of course.
Gosh, you'd think that because they're so cute when they grow up that they'd be cute when they're babies...but I guess not. :D

We're in our hotel now. Mom and Dad are gone looking at houses...blah. :D Hopefully, they find one that will work!!

I miss you!!!

Luv, Jess

The Pookie said...

I know... fortunately, she's already growing a little bit, and she's cuter now.. I'll most some more pics when she gets more hair....

I'm afraid feeding her in the middle of the night has made me rather grumpy...hem

Still praying for yall!!
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Is she cuter yet?

The Pookie said...

Not much.... She bigger, and has wiskers. And she's darker... but that's about it. When she actually looks like a squirrel, I'll get some more pictures :)

BTW, no, I haven't forgotten to email/write you... When I sit down for two minutes together, I'll try to. :) Oh my dear patient Susannah!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Yes, she looks more like a "Squirt" than a "Miss Cordelia Annette Squirtasia of the House of Bathe"! Ha ha. : )

The Pookie said...

She looks better now though.. When she opens her eyes... which should be in a few days.. I put more pictures up!

bb