TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Friday, August 11, 2006

Some fascinating quotes...

"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them." -Jane Austen

"There is only one thing to do with someone as disagreeable as she... I must throw a party for her!" - Jane Austen

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of." -Jane Austen

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." -Jane Austen

"Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature." -Charles Dickens

"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." -Benjamin Franklin

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table" -Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book" -Ronald Reagan

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it" -Ronald Reagan

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" -Ronald Reagan

"My dear, do not speak unless you can improve the silence" -Ever After

"There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles." -Anonymous

"Make a list of important things to do today. At the top of your list, put "eat chocolate." Now, you'll get at least one thing done today." -Anonymous

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -J.R.R. Tolkien

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey my e-amil address is

living_middle_earth@yahoo.com

mary westerman

The Pookie said...

Ok! thanks....

What is Sarah's?

bb

Anonymous said...

If you're interested in good quotes, check out G.K. Chesterton. He's up there with C.S. Lewis! Examples: "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."
"Lying in bed would be an altogether perfect and supreme experience if only one had a colored pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling."

The Pookie said...

Sue, Superb quotes! Excellent! Thank you...

I got your email, but I've been very naughty and haven't written you back yet.... I'll try to do that asap.....

Brooke

Jessica McDonald said...

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." -Jane Austen


LOL. I luv the quotes, Brooke!!! :D Absolutly awesome...

miss you, jess

The Pookie said...

Thank you! Are you going to be at the THSC conference this weekend? I doubt it, with all that yall have on your hands... but I thought I'd ask :)

Miss you too!
Brooke

Jessica McDonald said...

No. *sob* unfortunatly, I'm not going to be there. We should be moving this upcoming Wendsday if everything works out. But maybe next year? :D

love you, jess

The Pookie said...

Yeah, that would be nice... Glad I got to run by before yall left! We're going to miss you so much!

bb

Anonymous said...

Here's a lovely quote for you, Brooke:
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."~Soren Kierkegaard

Oh, and I quite agree with Sue about G.K. Chesterton- he's great!