TURN UP THE SPEAKERS!

Once upon a time....

Thursday, February 23, 2006

"IT WAS COLD!!"

We did end up going to the deer lease.......but not camping there as we planned. It was so darn cold (like 29 degrees! but at least it didn't rain) that we stayed in the cabin (mobile home). We probably could have pulled it off, but there was a burn ban, so we wouldn't have been able to have a camp fire, and that would have been rough! Anyway, we got there Friday night late (last week). I don't think I've ever slept on a harder bed in my life! I kid you not, that thing felt like a rock! I think my Grandpa bought it, which would explain all.... Anyhow, the next morning was much better than the previous night. We actually had real store-bought biscuits (is that even how you spell them? we have them so rarely, I hardly ever see the word!) I was so excited! We took a ride in the jeep (or may I say, the sorry excuse for a jeep! But it runs...miracle of miracles!)












And yes, John, Christie and I rode where we are standing in the pic...It got interesting every once in a while, especially when Dad would decide he wanted do drive down an extremely steep hill, but no one fell off...(another miracle) Throughout the day, we drove all over the lease, climbed a bunch of moutains/hills and so forth. I've never been to a more beautiful place in my life! It was so pretty!













If you look hard you can kinda see the background...isn't it gorgeous? I'll have you know that it tool A LOT of work to get us all up there!

Later that afternoon, John and I went hunting for coyote bait, but didn't have any luck (darnet, I had really hoped that I would have gotten the chance to finally use that .22!) John took some leftover ribs from dinner and used it for bait as he went coyote hunting by himself later that night. No coyotes, but he did see 3 hogs and 11 turkeys, (the turkeys were in a tree, and when John shot at one of the hogs, they took up in flight, and scared John out of his socks!).









Here's Josiah, isn't he cute!

On Sunday, on our last jeep ride, we went to this cliff, and the four eldest (children) climbed up and slid down on our feet...It was so much fun!!! (Well, John slid down on his feet, I slid down on feet/knees, and Christie and Daniel sat down and slid)...


































We had an awesome time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elijah is looking over my shoulder as I read this post and says, "29 degrees? come ON!" : )Ha ha... I love how ya'll are all bundled up! Looks like you're ready to come up to MN!?
~Hannah

P.S.STORE BOUGHT biscuts?? NO way!; 0

The Pookie said...

29 degrees is FREEZIN COLD DOWN HERE!!!! What is it usually up there???